Tuition & Aid
The tuition rate is determined annually. The standard tuition rate for the 2018-2019 school year is $8,900 for the first student; $7,120 for the second student; and no tuition charge for the third student and beyond.
Families with three or more children attending St. Joseph High School at the same time are only required to pay tuition for the first two children as outlined above; however, the enrollment fee is required for all children.
- Annual: Tuition paid in full by July 5 receives a 1.5% discount
- Semi-Annual: Two payments due July 5 and December 5
- Monthly: Eleven monthly payments with your choice of June 20 - April 20, or July 5 - May 5
Textbooks are not included in the tuition or enrollment fees and are purchased by each student. We have teamed with an internet-based bookstore to handle all of your textbook needs.
The Bingo Program is a big part of our fundraising efforts to lower tuition for all of our families; therefore, each family is required to participate in our Bingo Program. In lieu of working the required Bingo shifts, a family may choose instead to pay a Bingo fee. Please see the Bingo policy for further information.
TUITION ASSISTANCE FOR NEW & RETURNING STUDENTS
Tuition assistance is granted to families who demonstrate financial need. Most families who send their children to St. Joseph make financial sacrifices. Our tuition assistance program is designed to help those families who, even with their sacrifices, are unable to meet the financial obligation of a full tuition. Unfortunately, the need for tuition assistance far outweighs the funds we have available but St. Joseph High School will make every effort to offer tuition assistance to students whose family income and academic progress warrant such support.
A student receiving tuition assistance must maintain each quarter: a minimum of 2.0 GPA with no “F” grade, no more than one “D” grade, and strive to model the school philosophy: To Image Christ in Mind, Heart, Body and Soul.
TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete the Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) Application form online by Friday, February 2, 2018 and supply the required documentation. The ID number for St. Joseph High School is 05326. Applications that are missing documentation cannot be verified by TADS, and therefore, cannot be processed by the St. Joseph High School Tuition Assistance Committee. Click the link below to access the application. (This application is required annually for all families requesting aid.)
- Freshman applicants may also apply for Scholarships ranging in awards from $500 to $2,500. Applications must be submitted by Friday, February 2, 2018 and most are renewable each year with a renewal application.
- Tuition assistance decision letters will be mailed mid-March to all families who applied for assistance including returning students and new students who have been accepted for admission. Parents are required to sign and return the acceptance form by the designated deadline or risk forfeiture of the award.
Families of new students with exceptional financial need
New families who meet the Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) Eligibility Guidelines (listed below) are strongly encouraged to complete the CEF application and schedule an appointment with a CEF representative. For more information please contact Ms. Joanne Poloni via email or phone (805) 937-2038 x114.
Please note that all CEF Awards are for $2,000 per year and must be applied for annually.