Freshman Admissions Process
Welcome Future Knights! The entire Saint Joseph High School family is excited about your desire to become a part of our community of learners. You have our commitment to provide a quality Catholic Christian education which focuses on the development of the whole person: Mind, Heart, Body and Soul.
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year are available. Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to print a copy of our Freshman Admissions Application, Personal Statements Questions and the Request for Student Records. If you have any questions, please contact the front office at (805) 937-2038.
To apply for admission to St. Joseph High School:
- Complete the application and personal statements. Please answer all questions and be sure to indicate your preferred date for the Placement Exam.
- Complete the Request for Student Records form and attach it to your application.
- Include your $50 Freshman Application fee.
- Mail or turn in your completed application packet to: Joseph High School, 4120 South Bradley Road, Santa Maria, CA 93455
- Once you have submitted your application packet, you are registered to take the High School Placement Exam on the date you indicated (December 10, January 21, or January 28). The exams begin at 8:00 a.m. and concludes at 11:00 a.m.
- Submit copies of the student's 7th grade report card and a copy of the first semester (or second trimester) of the student's 8th grade report card prior to February 3, 2017.
- When you have completed the placement exam and it has been scored, you will attend a Parent and Student Interview. The appointment time will be given to you at the time of your Placement Exam.
- Acceptance letters, followed by registration packets, will be mailed to you in March.
Please Note: It is very important that prospective students take the High School Placement Exam on one of the scheduled testing dates. However, If you are unable to take the test on one of those days, you may schedule an alternate time by calling the front office at (805) 937-2038.
Tuition Assistance: Families seeking admission may apply for need-based tuition assistance by filling out the St. Joseph High School Tuition Assistance form and the TADS form, which are available on-line (please refer to the Tuition Assistance page on our website). Questions concerning tuition assistance are to be directed to Fr. Ed Jalbert at (805) 937-2038 ext. 103.