Transfer Admissions Process
We appreciate your interest in St. Joseph High School and are excited to have you as a Future Knight!
Students who desire to enroll after the beginning of the school year or who enter in the 10th or 11th grade must make an appointment with the vice principal. Transfer students are admitted only at the beginning of each semester. Transfer students are accepted to the 10th and 11th grades if academic standing and conduct are satisfactory. In order to graduate from St. Joseph, a student must complete a minimum of two years of Catholic religion coursework. Therefore, twelfth grade students are not generally accepted unless transferring from another Catholic high school.
Listed below is the process for applying to the school as a transfer student. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Jennifer Perez at (805) 937-2038, ext. 112.
Incoming Sophomores and Juniors
- Please complete the Transfer Admission Application (available for printing below). You may use the space provided to write your essay or you may type your essay and attach it to the application.
- Obtain an unofficial transcript from your current school and include it with your application.
- Complete the Request for Student Records and Recommendations form and attach it to your application.
- Include your $30 Transfer Application payment.
- Mail, or turn in, your completed application packet to:
St. Joseph High School
4120 South Bradley Road
Santa Maria, CA 93455
Please Note: Transfer students must have satisfactory grades, a good attendance record, and be able to meet St. Joseph High School’s graduation requirements by their targeted graduation date. Once the Admissions Committee reviews the application and transcript, a family interview will be scheduled.
Generally, we do not accept senior transfers as a student must complete two years at St. Joseph in order to earn a diploma. Seniors transferring from another Catholic high school will be considered for admission.
Any questions regarding admissions should be directed to the Ms. Jennifer Perez, Admissions Director, at (805) 937-2038, ext. 112.
Tuition Assistance: Families seeking admission may apply for need-based tuition assistance by filling out the St. Joseph High School Tuition Assistance form and the TADS form, which is available on-line and in the front office. Questions concerning tuition assistance are to be directed to Principal, Joanne Poloni at (805) 937-2038, ext. 114.