One of the hallmarks of a St. Joseph education is our retreat program. Each class has yearly retreats which culminates with the senior KAIROS retreat. The retreat dates for the 2019-2020 school year are as follows:
- August 28, 2019 -- Freshman Retreat
- September 24, 2019 -- Sophomore Retreat (1/2 of class)
- September 25, 2019 -- Sophomore Retreat (1/2 of class)
- October 4, 2019 -- Junior Retreat
- November 12-15, 2019 -- Senior Kairos Retreat
- February 4, 2020 -- Freshman Mini-Retreat
- February 12, 2020 -- Sophomore Mini-Retreat
- March 3-6, 2020 - Senior Kairos Retreat
- March 10, 2020 -- Junior Retreat
Freshmen Fall Retreat – Wednesday, August 28, 2019 will be a day at a Waller Park to welcome the new freshmen class and help them understand what it means to be a St. Joseph High School Knight. This is a required retreat for all freshmen who will meet from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
The Kairos is a Greek word meaning “God’s time.” More specifically, Kairos refers to the time God creates for people of faith to meet and experience Him on His terms. Kairos is a high school retreat program started in Ohio with a Jesuit high school affiliated with John Carroll University, and it is based on the spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. Kairos retreats are used throughout the entire United States and around the world. The retreat is an intense, four-day process that provides participants the chance to contemplate God's role in their lives.
St. Joseph High School has a very unique Kairos retreat program tailored to best meet the needs of its senior student population. It was established at St. Joseph High School in 1999 by a handful of dedicated teachers and students. Today, each retreat is led by faculty members, alumni, and students who have all attended at least one other Kairos retreat. The difference between Kairos and other retreats is that it focuses on helping one find his or her own personal relationship with God during a four days of discerning and discovery. Through the course of the retreat, a building of a strong community takes place through encouraging openness, reflection, and trust. This experience is a highlight of the senior year. Kairos takes place twice a year.
- Kairos XLI: November 15-17, 2019
- Kairos XLII: March 3-6, 2020