Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Since the 2014 school year St. Joseph has been an iPad 1:1 school where all students are required to purchase their own iPad for use at school.
- Q: Which iPad should I buy?
- Q: What else is needed for the iPad?
- Q: Will St. Joseph High School be selling iPads?
- Q: Will St. Joseph provide financial aid for the purchase of an iPad?
- Q: May students opt out of buying an iPad?
- Q: Are digital textbooks available on the iPad?
- Q: Will students be allowed to use the school’s Wi-Fi network to get Internet access?
- Q: What happens if a student breaks his iPad or if it goes missing or stolen?
- Q: Will students be restricted from installing their own music, games or apps?
- Q: Are there additional steps the school recommends to protect iPads from getting lost or stolen?
- Q: Will students still need a desktop computer at home once they have an iPad?
- Q: Do I have to have Internet connection at home for my child to use the iPad?
- Q: Will the Internet be filtered on the iPad?
- Q: Has St. Joseph High School established some rules to help promote iPad security at school?